It may remain hot for the first week or so of September, but Labor Day marks the end of summer & the start of a new, crisp season. Before August is a faint memory, here are nine warm-weather looks for the girl next door (and a bride or two).
1. Running out of nail polish remover midway through a manicure is the worst. In a pinch, apply clear polish over the old polish and immediately wipe your nail to remove all the polish.
2. Avoid looking like a 90s leftover by only using shimmery makeup on your lips or your eyes, but never both.
3. Zap a zit overnight with a dab of tea tree oil.
Learn about Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree collection for gorgeous, shiny hair.
4. One foundation does not fit all seasons. When the weather cools off or heats up, adjust your foundation color according to your tan (or lack thereof).
5. Want to make your curls last? Make sure your hair is 100% dry before giving it the curling iron treatment.
Learn about Paul Mitchell's Neuro styling tools!
6. Super hot water does the same thing to your hair that it does to your skin: it dries it out. Use lukewarm water or, if you can stand it, cold water when shampooing, conditioning and rinsing.
7. Want to make your cheekbones more pronounced? Use bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the cheekbone.
8. Even sunscreens that claim all-day protection or water resistance need to be reapplied at least every three hours.
9. Sleepless nights lead to red eyes. Get rid of the crimson hue by lining your lids with a bit of white eyeliner.